Cooking with Kiva: Edibles Made Easy
Edibles are the fastest-growing cannabis products right now. And while there’s a huge range of ready-to-buy edibles available, there’s something special about baking your own cannabis treats. If you’re a chocolate-lover, you have to try baking with Kiva’s delicious, premium chocolate bars. Order chocolate from Kiva for delivery near you, and you’ll love the buzzy baked goods you create.
Why Cook With Kiva?
We’ve all heard horror stories about homemade edibles. If you haven’t accidentally overdone it yourself, chances are you know someone who has. It’s easy to get more than you bargained for with a homemade weed brownie.
Luckily, homemade edibles have come a long way in the last few years. Now, it’s easy to make delicious baked treats that get you just the right level of baked.
How to Make Traditional Homemade Edibles
There are many ways to make weed edibles, some better than others. The most common way is to infuse butter or oil with cannabis. You can then use your cannabutter (or infused oil) in recipes in place of regular butter.
But making cannabutter is tricky. First, you need to decarboxylate and then grind your cannabis before infusing and straining the butter. And in the end, you can never be sure how strong your final product is. That means your edibles could pack a serious punch — or be a bit underwhelming. So, get a kiva delivery near me. Your life just got a whole lot easier.
How Kiva Chocolate Makes Cannabis Cooking Simple
[caption id="attachment_933" align="alignright" width="447"] Why go through the hassle of canna butter? Start with THC infused chocolate.[/caption]
But with high-quality weed chocolate like Kiva’s, making homemade edibles is no longer a guessing game. Instead, each Kiva chocolate bar is carefully dosed and labeled.
For example, Kiva’s classic Dark Chocolate bar contains precisely 100mg of THC. It can be easily divided into 5mg servings to use when cooking. Simply replace some of the required chocolate in the recipe with Kiva so your treats contain your preferred amount of THC.
Not only does Kiva use the best cannabis in their products, but they use the best ingredients too. For example, Kiva’s Milk Chocolate Bar is made with sustainably sourced cocoa with no artificial flavors or colors. That means your edibles will taste — and feel — amazing.
Try This Recipe: Kiva Chocolate Brownies
If you want to try your hand at cannabis cooking, this simple Kiva Chocolate Brownie Recipe is a great place to start.
This recipe makes 16 brownies, each containing 5mg of THC. If you want to make them more or less potent, adjust the ratio of cannabis chocolate to regular chocolate. Use the label on your Kiva chocolate bar to make sure you get the dose right!
- 40g (1.4 oz) Kiva Dark Chocolate
- 145g (5 oz) dark chocolate
- 100g (3.5 oz) milk and/or white chocolate
- 0.75 cups (6.5 oz) butter (unsalted)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 0.75 cups plain flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F (180°C). Line a square tin with butter and baking parchment.
- Cube the butter and break up the Kiva chocolate and dark chocolate. Place the butter and chocolate in a glass bowl.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together by placing the glass bowl over a saucepan of water. Heat gently on low and stir until they’re melted. Leave to cool.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until they’re thick and creamy. An electric mixer is best, as this can take a while.
- Once the chocolate mixture has cooled, fold it into the eggs and sugar. Be gentle so you don’t knock the air out of the eggs.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture, and fold gently in until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Break up the white and/or milk chocolate into chunks, and stir into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake on the middle shelf for 25 minutes. The brownie is baked once it doesn’t wobble in the tin and the top is shiny.
- Leave to cool, and then cut into 16 even squares. Enjoy!
[Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food]
Best Kiva Chocolates for Home Baking
Kiva offers a whole range of delicious chocolate bars that work perfectly in baking (and yes, they are all available as a Kiva delivery near me). Try their Dark Chocolate and Milk Chocolate bars are great starting points that work well as direct replacements in any recipe.
But how about a hint of coffee from their Espresso Bar? With a 1:1 THC:CBD ratio, expect a mellower high and deep relaxation.
How Do I Get Kiva Delivery Near Me?
If we’ve inspired you to try your hand at home baking, we can also help you get started. Here at Mountain Remedy, we deliver Kiva chocolate right through the Bay Area. We’re open every day, and Express deliveries arrive within 90 minutes.
We don’t just stock edibles, either. You can find the most popular strains of 2021 to order online, as well as a host of premium cannabis products.